Sunday, May 1, 2011

sunday's thwacks and shout-outs.

 Thwack (verb) : to strike with, or as if with, something flat or heavy.
Shout-out (noun) : a public expression of gratitude or recognition.

Thwacks:

1.) This thwack might make my all-time #1 so far this year.  I feel like it would require writing a novel to explain all of the ins and outs, so I'll try to give a very surface-level version.  At my day job, I'm the support staff for the nonprofit group as well as the banking group, and I also support our HR manager with our office's recruiting efforts at the local universities.  I've worked with the nonprofit group since I started (going on 3 years), and the banking group for just over a year.  My plate has been too full pretty consistently, but I was too stubborn to let the nonprofit group go, so I just stuck with it.  Recently, however, I reached a breaking point - I just couldn't do it anymore.  So I sadly had to give up supporting the nonprofit group, which was very hard for me.  I've loved working with them for a number of reasons, but something needed to be done in order to get my sanity back!  Thankfully, it's not really "goodbye", because we are all still there!

2.) The husband and I are officially, as of Monday, a single car family.  We both currently work downtown and have been carpooling for a couple of years now, so we decided it was one additional way to save more monies for Violet Hills.  I realize this should maybe be a shout-out, but right now it feels like a thwack - makes me nervous for emergency purposes.  But for now, it will do. 

3.) I literally have done at least 5 loads of laundry so far this weekend, and have at least 2 more.  What?  There are only two of us in this family.  And you know what will happen?  I will get it done and folded, and it will sit in the laundry baskets until next weekend when it's time to start all over again.  Happens every weekend.  So annoying.  Also, if I'm doing my math right, that means when we have kids I will be doing 10-15 loads of laundry a week.  Ehh huh?  Is that real life?

4.) The husband has spent lots of time digging holes along our fence line to put cinder blocks under the dirt line.


Because this culprit likes to dig and we're afraid she'll escape while we're gone one day.  Little stinker.


Shout-outs:

1.) Got my bonus monies from work this week - woot woot!  Also going straight to the VH pot.  Well, most of it anyways : )

2.) The husband is being inducted into the Guinness Book of World Records for pulling the longest root connected to the smallest weed in the history of roots and weeds.


3.) The husband and I had two of thee best long runs this weekend.  We decided not to run in Bloomsday this year, but were feeling a slight case of FOMO (fear of missing out) on Sunday, so we decided to run our own Bloomsday.  It was beautifully sunny and warm.  And I loved it.  And I needed it.  And I got tan lines.

4.) I had a great meeting with some clients this weekend for planning their wedding.  I'm so so excited for them, and it's going to be a gorgeous wedding in the mountains of Montana.  I can't wait.  Bonus?  The meeting was at a super cute coffee shop I'd had yet to visit.

5.) The husband and I had a great dinner date on Thursday with these two newly engaged adorable friends.  We talked about weddings a lot.  Naturally, I loved that dinner date.  Not just because I love talking about weddings, but because I really love them together.

Look how happy they are.


6.) The husband and I had a date night on Friday night. Okay the truth is, there is more to the story, and I will tell it.  I lost a bet.  I hate losing any sort of competition to the husband, but I did.  The bet was about our neighbor's giant snowman with a mohawk, which then turned into a 14ish foot high snowboarding ramp.  The bet was how long it would take the snow to melt.  Apparently I was being a major pessimist that day because I guessed something like May 8th - it's May 1st and it's been melted for probably a month now.  SO I had to plan a date night.  My plans?  I made him spaghetti, we rented a movie (not just any rental, we went a little wild and tried Red Box out for the first time), and went to bed.  Now that I put that in writing, I realize I am SUCH a lame wife/date planner.  In all honesty though, the low-key night was just what we needed.

Sooo that's my week friends.

Cheers.


1 comment: