Thinking about a kid's activity table for your reception? If not, and you're planning on having quite a few kids at your wedding, it might be a good thing to consider. It can be done very cost effectively, and provide you with a great return on investment with busy and occupied children.
And, their parents might thank you!!
Here are a few things you might include on your kid's table:
- Color crayons
- Butcher paper as a table cloth, so they can color directly on the table. How fun (and naughty, but not really, because it's paper!)
- Foam crowns or hats to decorate with stickers
- Hot wheels
- Beads and string to make fancy jewelry
- Disposable cameras - it's always interesting to see things from a child's point of view, no? And they'll feel all growd up taking pictures.
- If you have a "card" box for your guests to write you, include some of those cards on the kid's table... it will be funny to go back and look at their drawings or funny thoughts.
- Glow sticks
- Candy (if you dare. On second thought, maybe the parents won't thank you).
- A projector, a portable screen (or white sheet), and a Disney movie
See? So many ideas! And none of these options should ruin fancy outfits - that's why I would stick with crayons and stickers and steer clear of markers, glue, paint, and glitter.
Keep in mind, you'll probably want to put the kid's table in a central location, where parents will feel comfortable with them playing there but can also keep a continual eye on them.
You can even get a little crazy and do themed tables if you want. Go here for a few ideas.
And if they get bored with the table, hopefully they'll come join you on the dance floor when it's time. Kids dancing has to be just about the cutest darn thing anyways.