Thursday, July 28, 2011

it's our anniversary.

This day four years ago I married my best friend in the whole wide world, my soul mate.
He's so many things I love.  And so many things I'm not.  Which makes sense - we complete each other.

He's patient.
He's kind.
He leaves me notes on the bathroom mirror.
He's sweet.
He's caring.
He's polite.
He cries.  A lot.
He rarely complains.
He always gives.
He's helpful.
He's thoughtful.
He writes me cards, just because.
If I'm doing chores, he asks how he can help.
He's the best doggy daddy ever.
He's generous.
He's gentle.
He's thought provoking.
He's engaged.
He's so many more things than this list.

He's my t-ball sweetheart.

See?  That's us, in the bottom right corner with the arrows over our heads, standing right next to each other.


Enjoy some random pictures from our special day.. some professional, some not.




Best. Dance Party. Ever.


All my ladiesssss on the stage.





This Friday we leave for Wisconsin for a family reunion, to the very lake house where we honeymooned.  Just a little non traditional for a honeymoon, no?

WE LOVED IT.

We canoed, we layed out, we slept in, we watched tv from separate reclining chairs right next to each other, we ate ice cream, we went for boat rides, we went for walks, we went to a very hick corn roast festival, nbd. 

We spent time together, just the two of us, with no one else around to steal our attention.

I'm so excited to be there at the same time we were there 4 years ago.  Too bad we're missing the corn roast festival this time by one measly weekend.

I am so blessed to be able to call this man my husband - and he does something every day to remind me of that.

So, cheers to celebrating...

21 years of knowing him.
11 years of being with him.
4 years of being married to him.

Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. Love you, Sis! Congrats to the two of you and might I say, you are the most DARLING couple in the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you both so much, you're both wonderful and amazing partners for each other. You've been so blest to find and have each other!! have a blast in Wisconsin!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.. trully inspirational!! Wish you guys many more years!! Since my fiance and I will be paying for the wedding we wont be able to have a real "honeymoon" but with all these wonderful memories you have of your very simple yet romantic honeymoon I am beyond excited to just spend a week of no work.. no stress I hope we have awsome memories like you guys do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane Whittier (mom)July 29, 2011 at 5:27 PM

    Happy Anniversary and have a super fun time on your trip! I love the blog updates and pictures!

    ReplyDelete