Sunday, March 13, 2011

sunday's thwacks and shout-outs.

My week summed up in thwacks and shout-outs.

Thwack (verb) : to strike with, or as if with, something flat or heavy.
Shout-out (noun) : a public expression of gratitude or recognition.

Thwacks:

1.) I worked 53 hours this week.  That is a lot for me.  That also explains why I may have missed a few blog posts this week.  I couldn't get a certain proposal for a certain very large bank off my mind that I'm in charge of putting together.  If we do not win this proposal, I will most likely cry.

2.) It's daylight savings this week - so I lost 1 hour of sleep last night.  Not good.  I really could have used that 1 hour of sleep due to thwack #1.

3.) My heart aches for those in Japan - I can't even imagine facing that sort of tragedy.  Japan, the husband and I will continue to pray for you.

4.) Related to thwack #3, news was saying the tsunami effects were supposed to reach the Oregon coast.  My family lives near the Oregon coast.  I called my dad first thing that morning to check in on them, and the first thing he says when he answers the phone is "I'M STANDING IN TWO FEET OF WATER!!!".  He was joking, but my heart skipped a beat.  Freaked me out.  Funny dad, real funny.

5.) Our home computer broke this week.  Awesome.  I don't know why our things keep breaking.  We paid $97 to get it fixed.  I don't know if the computer is even worth $97.  Whatever.

Shout-outs:

1.) The sun is shining (so far) today - and it is 45 degrees out.  This is improvement!  So much so, that I'm considering putting on my bathing suit and whipping out the lawn chairs.  We'll see.

2.) I got this note when the husband brought me my lunch that I forgot at home on Tuesday:


It sat on my desk at work allll week long as a lovely little reminder that I have the most loving and thoughtful husband in the whole wide world.  For those of you that speak un poco Spanish, I know you're thinking this translates into "I want you".  But really, this is the true Spanish lingo for "I love you".  I studied in Queretaro for a summer, and believe it or not, they don't use the saying "te amo" much.  Just a little Spanish lesson for you this Sunday.

3.) It's daylight savings this week - which means there is more daylight!  This is a thwack and a shout-out, at the same time. It's called the glass can also be half full.

4.) I worked 53 hours this week - which means I made some extra monies for our Violet Hills pot. This is also a thwack and a shout-out, at the same time.  Again, glass half full.

5.) The Amy Butler Honeysuckle tote arrived this week from my first giveaway!  I was so excited to give it to Tana slash jealous because it was so dang cute!  I know she will put it to good use, filling it with Girl Scout cookies, dog cookies, and everything else that adorable family of hers keeps her busy with. 

6.) Megan, from Red Pearl Designs, and I finished my new blog banner!  I'm so pleased with the finished product, and I can't wait to put it on my blog!  Here's a little sneak peek of a little portion of it:


That is all you get for now.  Megan is on vacation for a week, so we'll pick things back up when she returns.

7.) This is for you husband:

via

Enough said.

8.) The husband and I are very much digging this song right now.  You should have a listen for yourself:





9.) As I was writing this post, I came across a couple pairs of shoes that I LOVE and am considering purchasing for the husband and my photo shoot with Erich McVey. The best part about one of them?  They resemble THESE adorable yellow shoes that I talked about awhile ago!

via

Then I about fell off my chair when I saw these ones.  To die for, no??

via

Which ones do you like better?  I can't decide! Ahh!


That is all friends.  Happy set-your-clocks-forward Sunday!

Cheers.


2 comments:

  1. ...And I love you more than March Madness, smoothies, and sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! I have tried on that pair of blue shoes! It was actually the inspiration for the color pallet I used in our living room! To be fair, Sara first saw the shoes and then showed them to me. All that to say...BUY THEM!!! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete