Sunday, August 28, 2011

sunday's thwacks and shout-outs.

Thwack (verb) : to strike with, or as if with, something flat or heavy.
Shout-out (noun) : a public expression of gratitude or recognition.

Thwacks:

1.) You may already be able to deduce this about me, but my closet is organized by season, then by color.  Any surprise there?  Didn't think so.  So, I bought this new sweatshirt that has gray sleeves, but blue everything else.  When I went to put it away in my closet, I was stumped.  Does it go with the grays, or with the blues?

These are the things that bombard my type A mind.  What's a girl to do?

Basically, this is my dream closet.  Some day.

Organized Ladies Closet traditional closet

2.) I was working with an important spreadsheet at work this week, trying to sort it in all different ways, and I was screwing it up left and right.  I was working on it for way longer than I should have, and it kinda ruined my afternoon.  I hate days like that.  BUT, then my friend Becky brought me chocolate.  Which was awesome.

Shout-outs:

1.) On Tuesday evening, I was working feverishly on some Violet Hills stuff on my computer in the backyard, and the husband took it upon himself to clean the entire inside of the house.  He said he always gets to come home to a house cleaned by someone else (yours truly), but I never do... and I deserve to.  Ummmm can you say, keeper?  LOVE HIM.

2.) As I already shared with you, I had a meeting with the editor of Apple Brides on Tuesday.  I shared with her my vision for the photo shoot we'll be doing in a few weeks, and we talked on other vendors we'd like to get involved.  I can't wait to see how it all comes together!

Here's my vision in a mood board:


3.) One of my clients has hired a new and upcoming photographer/videographer in the Spokane-area to do their videography.  I hadn't seen his work until he posted this video of our mutual client on his Facebook page the other day.  I was immediately attracted to his style, so in an effort to help get his name out, I asked him to join me in the Apple Brides shoot.  He accepted, and I'm excited to have him on my team for it!


Check out his Facebook page, and give him a like! Or visit his site here.

 4.) The husband, pups, and I spent Friday evening and Saturday at Hayden Lake with some of our long-lost friends, Bonnie and Aaron.  It was so much fun to catch up with them - we've missed seeing them often.



Poor Lola trying desperately to get into the boat.


I wake boarded for the first time, and got up on try #3.  I am SO SO sore today, but it was worth it.

Sun in eyes.



Biff.


 The husband also showed his natural talent on the skis.  Seriously can't remember the last time he skied, but he still dominated.  It's kind of annoying how good he is at everything. 


I hope you all had a lovely, family or friend-filled summer weekend too!

Fall is just right around the corner... wink wink.

Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment