Friday, February 11, 2011

leaving on a jet plane.

Tomorrow, I have to wake up in the 5's.  It's NEVER a good thing to wake up in the 5's, especially on a weekend.  I only like to see 8's, or even 9's, on my clock on the weekends.

BUT, it's for a great reason, so I'll get over the whole "waking up in the 5's" thing - nothing a little Starbucks can't cure.  I am leaving for San Antonio, Texas to celebrate the husband's great grandmother's 100th birthday.  She turns 100 on Valentine's Day - how precious is that?  

Here she is, when we were in Texas last, celebrating her 97th birthday a few years ago.


I love that the husband and I still receive hand-written letters from her.  And I also love knowing that she prays pretty much all day long.  She's one special lady - and we're very excited to be able to go celebrate her.


A couple of other important things to note:

1.) It is supposed to be 68ish degrees and sunny in San Antonio.  That is much better than the 25ish degrees and cloudy here.  That is a good trade. I will take it.

2.) We are only there for two days, and this is what my luggage for the trip looks like:

*Photo via terramia

Just kidding.  But I don't think the husband or the family-in-law would be surprised, really.  I'm a notorious over-packer.

K friends - hope you all have a great weekend.  I'll be back and in business just in time to check out the new anthro line - can't wait!

Oh.  Ps.  I reached 50 followers today and I am thrilled about that!!  Teri, thank you for being my 50th.  Today was a very stressful day for me, so I'm happy to end it on that note, along with some chocolate that I just bought at the store to cure the bad-day blues.

Cheers.
 

1 comment: