Sunday, March 27, 2011

sunday's thwacks and shout-outs.

Thwack (verb) : to strike with, or as if with, something flat or heavy.
Shout-out (noun) : a public expression of gratitude or recognition.

Thwacks:

1.) The husband ran our Sunday afternoon errands with hot pink gum stuck to his bum.  I noticed it only half way through our shopping trip. Whoops, sorry love : )

2.) My bracket became worthless this week, probably along with everybody's bracket.  GAH the unpredictability of March Madness.  I love it and I hate it.

3.) I took Lola and Trudy on a run Tuesday evening without the husband, aka the muscles in the family.  He was at class, so he couldn't join us.  The next day I was so stinking sore, it wasn't even funny.  I generally run 15 miles a week, so I really had no reason to be sore, other than the fact that my two 65 lb dogs are apparently THEE worst runners.  Ever.  Won't be doing that again any time soon.

However, this is what Lola looks like after a run, and I love to see a tired doggy.



Shout-outs:

1.) I couldn't decide if this was a thwack or a shout-out, but we rescued two stray dogs this week - one before work early in the week, and one on our Sunday afternoon run.  It's a shout-out because I'm glad WE found them, because it's just too hard for the husband and I to ignore them, so we do something about it.  It's a twack because I hate seeing stray dogs - especially ones without collars.  Breaks my heart.

2.) I get a 15% discount off my cell phone bill from here on out, thanks to Moss Adams LLP.

3.) I attended my very first book club with some of my lovely Moss Adams LLP ladies - we read The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  Haven't read it?  You should - it is A-Mazing!  I couldn't put it down.  Also, the club was at Katie's house, the friend from this post about the telephone booth in her dining room, remember?  So, I finally got to see it for myself! 

Making some phone calls in the phone booth (not really).



She also had another little red one sitting atop a shelf that I couldn't resist.



4.) Our puppy sitter offered to take Lola and Trudy all day on Thursday, have a puppy sleepover on Thursday night, then watched them on Friday as well.  So, the husband and I got to have a lunch date together (we usually run home on our lunch break to let them out).  We branched out and tried something new, the Monterey Cafe near the Paulsen Center building downtown.  It's a new favorite of ours. Another one of those "I love discovering Spokane" moments.

5.) LADY ZAGS!!  The Gonzaga (a local Spokane University) women's basketball team made it to the NCAA Elite 8 this weekend.  They are the highest seed to make it to the Elite 8 ever, in the history of the women's tournament.  How awesome is that?  A friend of ours is the head athletic trainer for them, and another friend of ours (his girlfriend) is one of the assistant coaches, so we're super excited for them.

6.) I'm still very excited about my blog refresh with Megan at Red Peal Designs!  My hope is to have it done and revealed within the next couple of weeks.

K friends, that's all for tonight.  This girl is sleepy, and it's time to gear up for another week at Moss Adams LLP. 

Oh, well I guess Trudy is mad that she didn't make the post and Lola did, so I shall leave you with this face... is she scowling at me?


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment